Sports Physiotherapy in Bendigo
Be Your Best!
Physiotherapy is a treatment method that uses a variety of techniques to help your body to work at its full potential. It aims to reduce pain, stiffness and dysfunction by speeding up the healing process and restoring good tissue and body function.
Sports injuries of almost any nature may be helped by physiotherapy. Our physiotherapists will assess your injury and problem, and develop a suitable treatment plan. This plan will include the necessary treatment and exercises, specific for each individual and goals.
Common problems include:
- Muscle strains and tears
- Tendon injuries and tendinopathies
- Joint sprains and ligament injuries
- Dislocations and subluxations
- Post-operative rehabilitation (e.g. knee/shoulder reconstructions, arthroscopes etc)
- Post-fracture management
- Regional injuries (shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles, feet)
- Pelvic girdle and pelvic floor issues
- Low and mid back pain
- Neck pain
- Over-use injuries
- Patello-femoral syndrome
As well as treating pain physiotherapists also have an important role in helping to prevent problems from returning, or even from happening in the first place, by thorough assessment of movement and the right rehabilitation program, exercises and advice.
Our practice also has physios with advanced knowledge and experience in:
- Incontinence and other pelvic floor problems and pain
- Pain management
- Posture and movement dysfunction
- Relaxation and stress relieving techniques
Why choose our practice?
Our physiotherapists are at the forefront of their field. They are committed to post graduate training and professional development to maintain the quality of care to their patients. They participate in external courses and conferences, and we have a regular in-service program that ensures that you will be offered cutting edge treatment using the most up to date techniques and knowledge. We are holistic in our approach, and because each team member has expertise in specific areas we have a collaborative approach to your management.
Our commitment to the team approach means your physio will work with you helping you to understand your condition and to develop a treatment plan that takes into account your lifestyle, leisure activities, and general health. This will include advice on how to manage your condition, and the right exercises to do between treatment sessions.
Our facilities, which include an on-site hydrotherapy pool and gym/pilates studio means that the range of techniques we offer sets us apart from other clinics. Our physios use a variety of both traditional and modern cutting edge treatments. For example:
- Joint mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Myofascial techniques such as soft or deep tissue massage, trigger point pressure releases and cupping
- Dry needling using acupuncture needles
- Muscle energy or fascial stretching techniques
- Strengthening or lengthening exercises
- Core stability training
- Hot and cold therapy to relieve pain, reduce swelling, speed up the healing process
- Clinical Pilates
- Kinesio taping and other advanced taping techniques
- Functional exercise programs and return to sport programs
- Orthotic prescription
- Hydrotherapy and /or Ai Chi
- Breathing and relaxation training
- Pain management programs
Throughout your treatment program, your progress will be evaluated, modifying treatment and goals when necessary. Wherever possible our physios will also work with you to help you learn to self manage your condition for the longer term.
New Patient Special Offer
Physiotherapy Bendigo – Our aim is to help you to reach your full potential to move and feel better for life.